Dayrize is bringing product life cycle assessment transparency to the mass consumer market, making it accessible for retailers and brands of all sizes to understand and validate their sustainability claims.
Dayrize’s purpose is to bring consumption within planetary and societal boundaries by helping businesses and consumers reduce their impact. We have developed the most advanced impact measurement technology which provides impact transparency for consumer products across 5 dimensions of sustainability.
We have already partnered with over 500 brands and scored thousands of products… and we are just getting started. We have ambitious plans to bring impact transparency to every consumer product in the world.
About the role
To support Dayrize on this growth journey, we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller who will work closely with the CEO and the management team to manage the financial operations of the business, including budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and reporting.
As Financial Controller you will ensure that the organisation’s financial reports are accurate, complete, and timely, and that the company is compliant with all financial regulations and requirements.
More than this, you will be a key member of the team to help drive the growth of the business. The role will not just be about looking back at financial performance, but spotting trends and insights in the business that can help accelerate our growth.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Prepare and manage the annual budget process, working closly with the CEO and the management team to ensure budgeting is aligned to strategic goals
- Monitor financial performance against budget and forecast, and provide regular reports to the CEO and the management team
- Manage the complexity of financial regulations and reporting across the EU, UK and US
- Assist the CEO and the management team to provide concise and accurate financial reports each month for the Board
- Prepare and present financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets and cashflow statements
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receiveable and payroll
- Conduct regular financial analysis on the business, identifying trends and providing insight to support decision-making and unlock growth
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including auditors and accountants
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations, including the timeline filing of tax returns and payments
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the Dutch financial principles and regulations. UK and US knowledge a bonus
- 5+ years of experience in management or accounting
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyze financial data and provide insight to support decision-making
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Proficiency in financial management software, such as Reeleezee, QuickBooks and Xero
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
An amazing opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and evolving team, where you can play your part in addressing climate change in a fun, positive and simple way.
Dayrize is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If the above describes you, please do send your CV along with a quick note as to why you are keen on this role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title in the subject field.
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Dayrize.io to keep your CV and application details on record for 12 months and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.