Dayrize’s purpose is to bring consumption within planetary boundaries by helping businesses and consumers reduce their impact. We have developed the most advanced impact measurement technology, which provides impact transparency for consumer products across 5 dimensions of sustainability. We are a Series-A SaaS scale-up, work with some of the world’s biggest retail and CPG companies and are supported by world-leading investors.
We are a diverse team of brave, joyful and curious individuals from all over the world, and we are looking for a Software engineer to help us fulfil our growth ambitions. So, if you’re a driven, smart and creative individual with a passion for tech and social impact, we are looking for you!
Application Deadline: Open
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Amsterdam or London (remote)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Reporting To: CTO
Why take this opportunity to work at Dayrize?
Help us to achieve our mission of promoting sustainable living:
We’re building a SaaS product to help businesses and consumers understand the sustainability of real world products.
We have proven product market fit with our first few enterprise size clients and are about to close a Seed round of funding. The product is built using Python & Django as a backend, with a React/MaterialUI based frontend, and we’re hosted in GCP.
We’re looking for people that are interested in seeing their work have an impact on helping consumers and businesses shift to more sustainable behaviour, aiming to contribute to the UN/EU Sustainable development goals (SDGs).
The work we’re hiring for is new build, so there’s a lot of room to do things right from the beginning.
You’re going to be a good fit if you are/have:
* Comfortable working in a mostly remote setting (using slack)
* Some experience with google cloud (Azure, AWS experience welcome too), docker, and kubernetes
* Experience working with Django & Python 3
* Experience working with ReactJS and MaterialUI
* Understand / have experience with 12factor applications (https://12factor.net/)
* Enjoy solving business and customer problems and not just writing code (i.e. pragmatic use of plugins, modules, and frameworks)
* Enjoy collaboration over being a hero
* You have a growth and learning mindset
* Interested in being part of a new and growing team
* Enjoy working with a diverse group of people across multiple disciplines, languages and cultures
* Happy to work up and down the stack when needed (but within reason because specialities are important)
Some areas of experience which will make you stand out as a candidate (but by no means required, and not in any sensible order of importance):
* Building/working on SaaS products
* ReactJS/MaterialUI web applications
* Worker/background queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Celery, Kubernetes jobs etc.)
* Django Rest Framework
* Async python
* Viewflow / process flow tools / finite state machines
* Google cloud functions / cloud run
* CICD pipelines
* An interest in working in an impact driven business.
… We are keen to hear from you!
- Competitive base salary with uncapped commission
- Shares and ownership in a rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to join at the early stage of our journey and help define our success
- Clear roadmap of career development within Dayrize
Work in a rapidly growing and evolving scale-up team, where you can play a pivotal part in addressing climate change in a fun, positive way while celebrating our diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We work in a hybrid model, with “Together Tuesdays” at our office in Amsterdam. English is our default work language.
Dayrize is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If the above describes you, please do send your CV along with a quick note as to why you are keen on this role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title in the subject field.
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Dayrize.io to keep your CV and application details on record for 12 months and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.